Interested in joining our network of authors?
We are always open to looking at new contributions from those looking to join our network of authors. If you are interested in pitching us your opinions, unique news, or other material, you can do so from this page.
Your pitch should focus on the general purpose of the story and not just a title. Make your pitch interesting and intellectual. Remember, a good story is a fascinating story that captures its audience. Your pitch should include a paragraph or two achieving this. And remember, this is a pitch, not the actual story itself (that comes later if the pitch is accepted).
The story must also fall within our target categories. You will be able to pick from these within the below form. If your story doesn’t fit into anything we write about here, you may not get a response.
It does help to have a strong knowledge of the topic you are writing about. Let it be a strong personal knowledge or being an industry professional. It also helps to provide links to previous stories you have written. This can be done within the optional comments in the form.
Stories must be unique/original without borrowing from other sources without permission (from those sources). People can be quoted like any other newsworthy source, just not the other newsworthy sources themselves…because that’s bad–and is plagiarism–and we may sick a pack of rabid moose on you as punishment. Or, simply suspend your account. You don’t want that (any of that).
We do pay authors depending on word count. There are word minimums to adhere to, but we’ll worry about that when and if your pitch is accepted.
Do not submit marketed/sponsorable content like press releases or content from companies you represent (ie, if you are a marketing firm). These submissions will be ignored. Instead, please direct such submissions to our general contact section and our marketing team will be in touch.
Your pitch may not be accepted by the team. Not every product or topic will fit within the niche of our editorial, but our team will at least take the time to review all content submitted.
Once the form has been submitted, one of our team members will be in touch with you with further details or instructions. All submitted content is original to the user submitting it and cannot be used by other authors in place of you.
Established contributors do not have to use this form and can submit directly (please refer to your contributor notes).
Things to keep in mind if your pitch is accepted:
- If this is your first time, our team will work with you on creating a bio. A headshot would be required from you that we can use within that bio.
- Content cannot infringe on any copyright, let it be images, video, or other media.
- Plagiarism will not be accepted. This will result in a ban from the network.
- False information, unsupportable industry “rumors” or duplicate information will not be accepted.
- All quoted text must be clearly highlighted as so. Quoted text cannot account for more than 10% of an article. An article must remain unique and well opinionated.
- Make sure to be as thorough as possible. Imagine the viewer reading your story, trying to paint a mental picture of what you see or visualize.
- Any related images or video must be visually clear and without grain or bad compression.
- All written material must be in good grammar. Although editing may occur to correct simple mistakes, our editors are not a replacement for spellcheck (or that older sibling or friend that likes to openly correct your every mistake). We recommend installing Grammarly to assist you in checking everything you type. It is an incredible program, free, and very thorough.
- Be yourself (as long as “yourself” is G-rated and professional, of course).