Creative has a new webcam that it recently launched into the market, entering the 2K territory with a 2560 x 1440 resolution. It is the Creative Live Cam Sync V3.
This webcam can produce up to 30 fps at this resolution, making it an entry to mid-range solution for 2K. However, it is also priced for this all the same, coming in at just $49.99. It offers up to 4x digital zoom so that you can crop out some of the background if it is unwanted.
There are dual omnidirectional microphones so that you can capture anyone in the room, let it be a single individual sitting in front of a computer or a meeting room with multiple subjects at a table (and offers up to a 95 degree field of view (FOV).
Like most of today’s webcams, it is plug-n-play, so no drivers are required and it will work with any application that offers webcam access (ie, Zoom, Skype, Teams, etc) . The company does provide software for Windows users to help tweak the image and audio quality and you can opt to use something like OBS to take things even further.
It’s a bit of a surprise that Creative didn’t just simply try to make the move into 4K along with everyone else. However, the company might looking to keep its focus on more affordable options for now.
| Our Rating|
NA – Not reviewed by us
*Average price is based on the time this article was published
- Digital Zoom Range: Up to 4X
- Resolution: Max: QHD (1440p) @ 30 fps / FHD (1080p) @ 30 fps
- Field of View: Up to 95 degrees
- Built-in Mics: Yes
- Dimensions (L x W x H), Weight: 82 x 53 x 58 mm / 3.23 x 2.09 x 2.28 inches, 95.7g (3.38 oz)
- Cable Length (end-to-end): 1.8m / 5.9 ft
- Privacy Lens Cover: Yes
- SmartComms Kit: via Creative app for Windows only
- Platform Compatibility: Windows PC, macOS