If you are a dedicated or professional fan of capturing 360-degree video, then you might want to consider adding this new camera to your collection. Insta360 has released an upgraded One RS model that features a fancier lens thanks to Leica joining the development team to help make it all happen.
It is the new Insta360 One RS 1-inch 360 Edition, which packs two 1-inch CMOS sensors to give you 360 degrees of recording at up to 6K@30 for video content (or 21MP for images). Hopefully, resulting in some incredible photography/videography for such a small camera.
We haven’t had a chance to play with one yet to see for ourselves, but you can see some demo shots in the following video that were taken by Insta360’s team.
(video credit: Insta360)
It, of course, offers “FlowState Stabilization” so that you content will come out less jerky than some of the other options out there. You also get “360 Horizon Lock”, which is the companies virtual gimbal feature that keeps the horizontal shot locked in, even if the camera changes angle (which sounds fascinating on paper). Along with AI-driven image enhancements, HDR, timelapse, timeshift, starlapse, water resistance, and more. All with a battery life of up to 62 minutes when shooting at its highest resolution.
This is a great option for both professionals and adventure enthusiasts. Although it does happen to be a flagship product from the company, so it won’t come without a hefty price tag. That price is $799. So if that causes your heart to skip a beat, you may want to stick with one of the most slightly affordable 4K options.
It is available right now (link/button below) via Amazon, along with some optional accessories, including Insta360’s fun-looking selfie stick with built-in tripod (only $25). Overall, it does sound like a fun camera and we’ll let you know what we think about it if ever get a chance to try it out.
| Our Rating|
NA – No Review Yet
| MSRP Price*|
*MSRP price is based on the time this article was published
- Aperture: F2.2
- 35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 6.52mm
- Photo Resolution: 6528×3264 (2:1)
- Video Resolution: 5888×2944@30fps, 6144×3072@25/24fps, 3840×1920@30/25/24fps, 3040×1520@50fps
- Photo Format: insp, RAW (dng)
- Video Format: insv
- Photo Modes: Standard, HDR, Interval, Starlapse, Burst, PureShot
- Video Modes: Standard Video, Timelapse, TimeShift, Loop Recording
- Color Profiles: Standard, Vivid, LOG
- Weight: 239g
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 53.2×49.5×129.3mm
- Run Time: 62 minutes *Tested in lab environment under 6K@30fps mode
- Max Video Bitrate: 120Mbps
- Gyroscope: 6-axis Gyroscope
- Live Streaming: 360 Live, Reframe Live (streamer sets a fixed perspective)
- Exposure Value: +/- 4EV
- ISO Range: Photo: 100-3200, Video: 100-3200
- Shutter Speed: Photo: 1/8000 – 120s, Video: 1/8000 – to the limit of frames per second
- White Balance: 2000K-10000K
- Audio Modes: Wind Reduction, Stereo
- Audio Format: 48 kHz, AAC
- Bluetooth: BLE5.0
- Wi-Fi: 5 GHz, 802.11ac (Standard range of approximately 20 meters, max transmission speed of 20MB/s)
- USB: Type-C *Note from manufacturer: This camera only supports wired connection to Android devices (via Micro-USB or Type-C). It does not support wired connection to iOS devices. Full wireless support is available for both iOS and Android.
- MicroSD Card: exFAT formatted microSD cards with the UHS-I bus interface and Video Speed Class V30 rating (exactly this class, neither higher or lower) with a max storage of 1TB are recommended.
- Battery Capacity: 1350mAh
- Charging Method: Type-C USB
- Charging Time: 90 minutes (powered off)
- Operating Temperature: -4°F to 104°F (-20? to 40?)