Ring is back with its recently released Stick Up Cam Pro. The latest addition the company recently launched last month and has been shipping to customers over the last week or so. The new camera takes some of the best features from its lineup and fits them into a wireless camera that can be slapped just about anywhere.
It is powered via a rechargeable battery (or USB power cable) and is weather resistant, so it can be placed both inside or outdoors wherever it is most needed. You get the new “bird’s eye zones” that provide a top-down 3D view of what the camera sees for easier mapping of the zones you want motion triggers to be registered within. Making it much easier to set this up than via the normal camera view one is used to getting.
Of course, there are all of the normal features you’d expect to find, like two-way audio, color night vision, and more. And you get pre-roll that gives you so many seconds before the trigger happens so you can see what leads up to what caused it.
It’s still 1080p, but you do get HDR for better color detail. This is common still since most home networks aren’t exactly ready for 4K just yet. Fiber is growing further every year but some ISPs still limit people in their monthly bandwidth and this stagnates the evolution of these products a bit. You’ll likely see 4K become a standard for cameras once these limitations are illuminated.
- Video: 1080p HD, HDR, Live View, Color Night Vision
- Motion Detection: 3D Motion Detection with Bird’s Eye Zones and Bird’s Eye View
- Field of View: 155 (deg) diagonal, 139 horizontal, 80 vertical
- Siren: Remote-activated 85db siren (level measured at 3.3 ft/1 m distance)
- Audio: Two-way talk with Audio+ and advanced noise cancellation
- Power: Rechargeable Battery Pack (included), optional solar panel, plug-in adapter (sold separately).
- Internet Requirements: Requires a minimum upload speed of 2 Mbps for optimal performance.
- Dual Power Mode: Dynamic switching between plug-in and battery power modes (requires purchase of plug-in adapter).
- Connectivity: 802.11 b/g/n wifi connection @2.4GHz and 5.0GHz
- Estimated Install Time: 5 to 10 minutes
- Operating Conditions: -4F to 120F (-20C to 48.5C), Weather Resistant
- Setup Requirement: Integrated mounting base/stand with adjustable angle. Can sit freestanding or mount to a wall. Standard power outlet.
- Box Includes
Stick Up Cam Pro
Quick Release Battery Pack
Micro USB Charging Cable
Warranty and Safety document