Here’s something new for the month. Finally, a new 80-inch (or in this case, slightly larger) screen to drool over to help re-ignite the 80-inch war with and help keep the price pressure of large 4K screens down. Samsung released this month, a new 82-inch monster (model: UN82MU8000), featuring everything you’d expect out of a 4K display.
Currently rolling its way into stores as we speak, the new TV will add all the presence you could ever ask for to your wall. The perfect alternative to projection when you are looking for something brighter, more vivid, and a great candidate for playing online games on without the latency that comes with using a projector to get such a large image.
The new screen features native 3840 x 2160 4K with HDR Extreme, 4K Color Drive Extreme and Triple Black. All of which should lead to an incredible palette of colors with crisp detail and deep blacks. Bringing you everything your eyes love to gaze upon when it comes to the magic of 4K.
It makes use of Samsung’s One Connect box, that separates all of your connections away from the back of the TV and brings them closer to your input devices. This leaves you with only one cable running up to the TV, keeping things clean, and it looks even better if you are using the stand (vs. wall mounted) since you can route the cable through one of the legs to guide it away from your eyes with.
There is also Samsung’s One Remote that has the capability of controlling all of your (compatible) devices with to help clean up the remote clutter with, promising to be the only remote you’d ever need–however, we still prefer the Logitech Harmony series so that you are still able to dive into all of the features of each device with.
And of course, you also get Samsung’s Smart Hub, that still ranks number one with us when it comes to app selection and availability, as well as speed, and frequent software updates. Everything you could ask for in a Smart TV.
Although it is still making its way to stores as we speak, you can indeed order it on Amazon. They have a small handful in stock, waiting for the first so many lucky owners. It isn’t cheap, but it does fall within the typical (premium) 80-inch range we have been excited about in the past, costing around $3,500-$3,999. If we get a chance to really spend some time with one of these, we will make sure to follow-up.
SCREEN SIZE CLASS: 82″
SCREEN DIAGONAL MEASUREMENT: 82″
UPC CODE: 887276221694
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Mexico
DIMENSIONS (INCHES W x H x D):
• TV WITHOUT STAND: 72.1 x 41.5 x 2.4
• TV WITH STAND: 72.1 x 45.1 x 15.2
• SHIPPING: 79.4 x 49.8 x 20.9
• STAND FOOTPRINT: 2.5 x 10.3 x 15.2
• TV WITHOUT STAND: 96.8
• TV WITH STAND: 99
• SHIPPING: 136.9
VESA SUPPORT: Yes (600 mm x 400 mm)
ACCESSORIES INCLUDED IN BOX:
• REMOTE MODEL: Smart TM1750A
• ONE CONNECT MINI: 8 x 2.8 x 0.8
• OCM CABLE LENGTH: 3m (9.84?)
• 4K Color Drive Extreme
• 4K HDR Extreme
• Triple Black
• MR 240 1
• 4K Ultra High Definition
• 360° Design
• Clean Cable Solution
• Quad-Core Processor
• Apps and Games
• Web Browser
• TV to Mobile / Mobile to TV Mirroring
• Voice Control
• 4 HDMI Connections 2
• 3 USB Connections
• 802.11 AC Built-In Wi-Fi
• Bluetooth® LE
• RS232C Control
• Dolby® Digital Plus
• DTS® Premium Sound | 5.1™ Decoding
• 40 Watt 2.1 Channel
• Smart Remote Control
• One Connect Mini
• 4K Ultra HD Connected
- 4K COLOR DRIVE EXTREME :An extreme step up in color with a billion more shades than regular UHD.
- 4K HDR EXTREME: See extreme contrast between the darkest darks and lightest lights, plus expanded color and depth.
- TRIPLE BLACK: Thanks to the dramatic range of Triple Black, blacks are now blacker—even in morning or afternoon glare—so you’ll never miss a detail in the dark.
- MR 240: Enjoy smooth action without the blur. Motion Rate 240 brings sports and fast-moving content to life.
- 360° DESIGN: Streamlined from every angle, from a sleek frame to a clean back.
- CLEAN CABLE SOLUTION: See less clutter with clean cable solution.
- QUAD-CORE PROCESSOR: Enjoy a fluid browsing experience and faster control – switching between apps, streaming content, and other media effortlessly.
- SMART APPS: Put your favorite media and entertainment at your fingertips with apps built for your Samsung Smart TV – including streaming TV and movies, sports, social media, interactive games, weather, and more.
- FULL WEB BROWSER: Easily browse the web right on your TV – enjoy everything from online shopping and social media to entertainment news.
- SCREEN MIRRORING: Mirror your phone or other compatible device’s screen onto the TV’s screen, instead of using your device’s smaller screen to show content, media playback, or other functions.
- CONNECTSHARE™ MOVIE: Plug your favorite entertainment and media into your TV
– watch videos, play music, or view photos through a USB connection.
- VOICE CONTROL: No more fumbling for the right buttons. Just tell the remote what you want the TV to do, and it will be done.