A few weeks ago, Logitech announced their new ConferenceCam Connect for the business scene. A 1080p camera with a 90 degree field of view and 360 degree sound. Logitech already leads the consumer end of the market with the HD Pro Webcam C920, a 1080p camera for your PC that delivers crystal clear video, and now they want to do the same for your office.
Designed for small meetings consisting of up to 6 users (with everyone in the picture), the ConferenceCam Connect claims to deliver the same crystal clear video while managing to capture every voice in the room clearly within 12 feet of the speaker. It packs a ZEISS optics lens with autofocus, 4x digital zoom, mechanical tilt and digital pan. The speaker itself offers acoustic echo and noise-canceling to help guarantee the cleanest of audio for the other end of your communication.
The camera can be powered by both AC (plug) or via the internal rechargeable battery and connects to your laptop or PC via USB like any other webcam.
It can also be used simply as a speakerphone via Bluetooth, and supports NFC (near field communication) for easy connectivity to any mobile device sporting NFC support.
To continue adding features to the list here, the camera also supports wireless screen mirroring so that you can share presentations, data, video and more (Android or Windows 8 device required).
This really paints a great image for a camera worthy of choosing for conferencing or anyone needing great video and sound while streaming/calling. As mentioned, they already have the consumer market with the C920. The only issue with the C920 is sound, as it sounds muffled, but that doesn’t “sound” like the case with the ConferenceCam Connect. For the price, we would hope so. We haven’t sat down with one of these yet, so there is no way for us to verify the quality personally. We will just have to wait to see what the future holds.
• Full HD 1080p video calling (up to 1920 x 1080 pixels); 720p HD video calling (up to 1280 x 720 pixels) with supported clients
• H.264 UVC 1.5 with Scalable Video Coding (SVC)
• Supports H.264 SVC 1080p for Microsoft® Lync™ 2013, along with optimizations for best call performance in single or multiparty HD video
• 90o field of view with autofocus
• 4X digital zoom in Full HD
• Rightlight™ 2 Technology for clear image in various lighting environments (even low light)
• Digital Pan, Tilt and Zoom from remote control or optional downloadable app
• Mechanical tilt
• ZEISS® lens certification
• Camera LED for active streaming indication
• Integrated full duplex speakerphone with echo and noise cancellation
• 360o wideband audio with 12-foot diameter range
• Bluetooth® and NFC enabled
• LEDs for speakerphone streaming, mute, hold, and Bluetooth® pairing
• Controls for call answer/end, volume, mute
• Microphones (Tx)
• Two omni-directional microphones supporting 12-ft diameter range
• Frequency response: 100Hz – 16kHz
• Sensitivity: -34dB +/-3dB
• Distortion: <1% @ 1KHz at 65dB
• Speakers (Rx)
• Frequency response: 140Hz – 16KHz
• Sensitivity: 89dBSPL +/-3dB at 1W/0.5M
• Max output: 91.5dBSPL at 0.5M
• Distortion: <5% from 200Hz
• Dockable remote control for camera/speakerphone functions
• 10-foot range remote control
Wireless Screen Mirroring and Connectivity Features
• Screen mirroring through WiFi connection to the device
• Android or Windows 8.1 compatibility3 for screen mirroring
• HDMI connector for TV output
• Rechargeable Battery supports up to 3 hours video conferencing or screen mirroring time; 15 hours for Bluetooth audio. Time to charge battery (from AC power, device idle): 3 hours
• Battery rechargeable through AC Power or USB (not powered through USB)
• 6-foot detachable USB cable for PC or Mac-based video conferencing
• Works with most UC and video conferencing applications
• Professional-grade certifications
• Kensington security slot
• Windows 7 or 8.1
• Mac OS® X 10.7 or higher
• Google Chromebook Version 29.0.1547.70, Platform 4319.79.0 with: 2.4 GHz Intel® Core 2 Duo processor, 2 GB RAM or more, Hard drive space for recorded videos and USB 2.0 port (USB 3.0 ready).
• Screen mirroring: Android 4.3 or higher and Windows 8.1 or higher
Inside the box:
ConferenceCam Connect device,
power adapter with plug, regional plugs,
USB cable, documentation