Just in time for the holidays, Vizio has a new 38-inch sound bar (model SB3820x-C6) that has made its way to the market and it can currently be found for less than $100 (about $69 average). A stereo solution (no sub) with a simple remote, this sound bar is perfect for bringing your flat screen to life where multi-speaker systems aren’t wanted (or needed).
Targeted for TVs that are 42-inches and smaller, although you can match it against any TV size, the new sound bar offers what you would typically find with today’s solutions. You have your digital input (optical or coaxial), an analog input (for non-digital devices like a VCR or CD player) and it supports Bluetooth so you can play sound from any Bluetooth supported device (ie, smartphone, tablet, etc).
It can sit in front of the TV, on a shelf below it or there is always the option of mounting it to the wall if your TV does the same. It promises a wide range of sound with noticeable bass levels, therefore it will prove to be much better than the sound coming from the TV. It won’t replace a full out surround sound system, but not everyone is looking for such a big presence.
If your TV is larger than 42-inches, you can still choose to go with this speaker as the target size is only cosmetics (how big your TV looks in comparison to the speaker) and the presence of the speaker itself. If you have a larger TV, you may want even larger sound, in which case you would go with a larger sound bar. Completely user-preference more than anything.
The new sound bar appeared just in time for the holidays and should find its way into a lot of stockings as consumers look to compliment those fancy new TVs they just got their hands on for Black Friday–or appear to give a gift that looks and sounds like a lot, while not spending so much on someone (in case you’re having to be financially smart this year).
- Sound Bar Size: 38”
- Sound Bar Speakers: 2 x 2.75” Full Ranger Drivers
- Sound Pressure Level: 100 dB
- Sound Bar Frequency: 60 Hz – 19 KHz
- Sound Enhancement Technology: Dolby Digital®, DTS Studio Sound™, DTS TruSurround™, DTS TruVolume™
- Bluetooth: Yes
- Sound Bar Buttons: Power, Input, Bluetooth, Volume Up, Volume Down
- Remote: Yes
- Installation: Table top and wall-mountable
- Package Contents: Sound Bar, Remote, RCA to 3.5mm Stereo Audio Cable, Digital Coaxial Cable (RCA), Digital Optical Cable (Toslink), Wall Mounts, Quick Start Guide, Sound Bar Power Cable
- Analog Audio Input: 1x Stereo RCA
- Analog Audio Input: 1x 3.5mm stereo mini jack
- Digital Audio Input: 1x Optical (Toslink)
- Subwoofer Output: 1x RCA
- USB Input: 1x USB (for .WAV Audio Playback)
Dimensions and Weight
- Product Dimensions: 38”W x 3”H x 3”D
- Product with Stand Weight: 5.75 lbs.
- Product Packaging Dimensions: 40”W x 4.5”H x 5”D
- Product Packaging Weight: 8.25 lbs.
- Warranty: One Year Parts & Labor. Free Lifetime Technical Support.
Is there a quality difference between model SB3820x-C6 and SB3820-C6 or is the only difference price?
Did the X model come on the market for Black Friday deals and what is still being sold is left over stock or is it still being produced?
AO, There is not a difference in the audio quality between models. The SB3820x-C6 simply lacks the coaxial digital input for sound. This is not worth the price difference when there is a big difference, unless you prefer using coaxial vs optical personally. Most people tend to lean towards optical, which may be why they left coaxial out of the X model.