The Nintendo Switch has been such a successful console for Nintendo and not so much for other companies since it is designed for Nintendo’s ecosystem (of course). So many other companies have been trying to replicate this. This isn’t new since companies have been trying to reproduce the success of handheld gaming since the original Nintendo Game Boy. However, it wasn’t until relatively recently that it really took off with options like Valve’s Steam Deck, and now possibly the Logitech G Cloud.
Logitech’s portable gaming solution was designed to take advantage of games within the cloud instead of the locally installed variety. Giving gamers the ability to tap into Xbox’s Game Pass Ultimate or NVIDIA’s GeForce Now plans. You can supposedly even access Steam Link, and take advantage of other streaming solution like YouTube or surf the web.
All you need is a Wi-Fi connection (2.4GHz or 5GHz) and you are ready to play. It runs on Android and features a 7″ 1080p (60Hz) IPS touchscreen display. It has a built-in speaker but also has a headphone jack, supports Bluetooth 5.1 for wireless headphones, as well as USB-C headphone support. It even has haptic feedback as well as sense control via a 6-axis sensor.
It carries a price point of $299. This gets a little risky, but it does give Microsoft a little more of an edge against Nintendo. So Game Pass users will likely find this as an attractive option. If they aren’t already satisfied with just using their phones, at least.
It may be a little late to the game, but Microsoft did promise a mobile solution centered around Game Pass. It is something that has been tossed around, teased, postponed, and now finally a reality. Only it isn’t coming directly from Microsoft. Instead, a partnership which does feel like a safe plan.
Logitech is currently accepting pre-orders and shipping will begin around October 17th when it officially releases to the public.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G (SD720G)
- Octa-core CPU up to 2.3GHz
- Resolution: 1920 x 1080 FHD (16:9 ratio)
- Type: IPS LCD
- Brightness: 450 nits typical
- Display Size: 7″ diagonal
- Fresh Rate:60 Hz
- Touch Enabled: multi-touch
- Stereo speaker, driven by high voltage smart amplifier providing clear playback
- Stereo microphone, featuring echo canceling and noise suppression with high quality codec and DSP
- 3.5mm stereo headphone/headset jack
- AUX output support
- Bluetooth 5.1, with Qualcomm aptXTM Adaptive support
- Digital USB-C headphone support
- A / B / X / Y buttons
- L & R analog joysticks
- L & R bumpers
- L & R analog triggers
- L & R option buttons
- G button and Home button
SENSE CONTROL AND FEEDBACK
- Linear Haptics
- 6-axis IMU sensor
- Ambient light sensor
- Dual-band Wi-Fi radio, 2.4GHz and 5GHz
- 2 x 2 MIMO
- IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth 5.1
- Battery Type : Rechargeable Li-Polymer
- Number of Cells: 2 cells in parallel
- Battery Weight(g): 90
- Battery Watt Hours (Wh): 23.1
- TF Card
- 1-Year Limited Hardware Warranty