Razer released their first in-ear headphone model back in 2008 as they sought to move further into the market of gaming and entertainment. They continue to push into this market today as they have a wide selection of headphone models to choose from now. Adding to this collection is the new Hammerhead BT in-ear headphones.
This also means another pair of wireless headphones on the market to compete with the vast ocean of competitive options. If you don’t believe me, take a walk on the CES floor, especially the international sections. Thankfully, Razer does have a recognizable name that gamers may find attractive.
The Razer Hammerhead BT model compliments the already selling Hammerhead V2 audio line, bringing wireless into the mix. Supporting Bluetooth 4.1, Qualcomm’s aptX and a 10mm driver, they are supposed to give you up to 8 hours of listening on a single charge. There is also an in-line remote that allows you to control your music and phone calls with, that includes a built-in microphone (All of this is to be expected of course, so nothing new here).
The new headphones retail for $99.99 MSRP and are available now via Razer’s website. They will be rolling out to additional outlets in the near future.
Part of this launch also includes a new wired model that sports a Lightning connection for iOS devices. This model, the Razer Hammerhead for iOS, isn’t wireless but it packs most of the same specifications and a better microphone within the in-line controller.
- Frequency response: 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- Impedance: 32 ± 15% ?
- Sensitivity: 116 ± 3 dB @ 1 kHz
- Max input power: 10 mW
- Drivers: 10 mm with Neodymium magnets
- Cable length: 63 cm / 2.07 ft.
- Approximate weight: 0.06 lbs. (28.0 g)
- Frequency response: 300 Hz – 3.4 kHz
- Signal-to-noise ratio: ? 55 dB
- Sensitivity (@1 kHz): 42 ± 3 dB
- Pick-up pattern: Omnidirectional
- Music controls: Play/pause, next, back
- Call controls: Answer, end, reject call
- General: Volume up/down, pair, power
- Full functionality on Apple™ iOS and Android mobile devices
- Battery type 160 mAH rechargeable Li-Po battery
- Battery life: Up to 8 hours
- Charge time: Up to 2 hours
- Bluetooth wireless range: 10 m / 30 ft.
- Razer Hammerhead BT in-ear gaming & music headset
- 3 pairs of sized silicon ear tips
- 1 bi-flange ear tip attachment
- 1 compact carrying case